Friday, April 2, 2010

SIDI Genius 6.6 2010

I will never have a really nice car, or guitar, computer probably, or even bicycle maybe, but I will now have the (second) nicest pair of road cycling shoes made - SIDI 6.6. I really spent some time trying to decide if two steps upgrade was value for the money - my basic Dominators don't leave much to be desired. I concluded that after the frame and wheels - that like a Brooks - the most important parts of the bike are the parts that touch my body. I will be strapping my stumps into the finest engineered leather and carbon, Italian-hand-made shoes known to man. I could not find anyone, anywhere who said it was not worth it. In a year the extra money would have been wasted a thousand ways, but the shoes will be a dream for many to come.

Oh, and I'm officially changing my blog slogan from "photos first text later" to things I've purchased or am planning to purchase.

6 comments:

Jaredbe said...

A few thoughts. One: great choice in shoes you will have no regrets. 2: it is actually the finest Lorica fake leather and carbon and C: Indurain won 5 tours in a row on your current "basic dominator" platform.

Jared said...

I think the Lorica leather is a big reason Sidi's are so great. It stretches exactly the right amount. I seriously wish leather products like our leather couch and car leather chairs were made from Lorica.

queasyfish said...

yes, engineered leather - I know Lorica isn't Italian for "leather", or are you clarifying for my many readers? I think it's real carbon though.

No, your basic Dominators: rumor is that SIDI agreed to pay for his EPO if he wore the mid-line shoes.

queasyfish said...

Good luck on tour de couch again this year, I'm going to rock on my new bike. I'm super looking forward to it.

queasyfish said...

Came on Thursday. Shoes look sweet - full carbon sole - should be good!

They sent the wrong fucking pedals (PD R760 instead of PD 7600 - both of which are on Shimano's website - which sucks, incidentally - it may be the same pedal with different finish (and a different model number) and no Ultegra logo, but I can't tell because the details and compare pages are repeatedly crashing over days of trying - go try it now - WTF Shimano!?)

But they did price match after-the-purchase from 160 to 99.99.

Return-Receive.

Oh, ya, and then, after sorting that all out and Wearing my newer Doc's all day, I pulled out the cardboard insert and slipped the impossibly-thin-looking shoe onto my foot. It fit like a fucking glove. And I strapped it up. Oh ya!

queasyfish said...

You're right though Jared, with the way I love hyphens, "engineered leather" seems more like product engineering than leather - But it was my intention. It's Lorica!