Friday, April 2, 2010

Queen News of the World 1977

My brother requested and received this as a last second birthday gas station purchase one summer on the way to the cabin in the later 1970s. Starts with We Will Rock You/We are the you know what - that if you listen to in a quiet low-stimulation environment, the stomp-clap reverb and faint vocal grunts sound like god meets James Brown - And goes from there. Some of my favorite Queen songs are on here. Spread your wings. Get down make love. The whole thing really.

Buddy, you're a boy make a big noise playing in the street. Gonna be a big man some day. Got mud on your face. Big disgrace. Some body better put you back into your place. We will we will rock you.

Here - top 20 all time album. FLAC files love Foobar2000, download it, all versions are free, open source. It's my ipod manager too- ask me how.

3 comments:

quietman said...

Thanks Q!
I don't know if it's because I'm listening to the music via headphones or because of the FLAC format...but it seems like I have not heard music like this since the 70's...

queasyfish said...

We've been listening to MP3 for years now, we've forgotten the difference. FLAC is very refreshing. FLAC and headphones are a great combination - enjoy!

Hey, and post something while you're at it quietdad.

Randy said...

I bought that album when it came out.