Saturday, April 17, 2010


Sean and I spent a bunch of time oohing and aahing and tightening and taping last night. We agreed; the graphics look pretty cool actually - in a racer bike kind of way. Today after some final position tweaks I was off to the Greenway and the lakes.

Carbon deadens road chatter better than steel I would say - I was very comfortable. That bike climbs and sprints like no other I've ever ridden. I barely noticed dreaded mountain bike slogging hills. I went from sidewalk to speed-of-traffic on Lyndale in a quarter block - if you've got the legs for it, I bet you could go 60 miles an hour. Strong west wind today, but riding into it didn't completely suck, it just was what it was - in my mind's eye the sculpted scalpel blade frame tubes were cutting through it like a white hot knife.

It's a dream, I'm really really liking it.

0 comments: