Saturday, April 10, 2010

ArtCrank 2010 - Be Your Own Engine

Went to ArtCrank 2010 MPLS opening night tonight in a Nord-East art studio warehouse space. Three blocks from where I used to work. Band, Beer, Bike-people, posters - cool. Two were sold out when I went to buy, but neither that I wanted. One I already have. Gene-O was doing tricks on his single speed and everyone seemed really drunk in the poster room. It was late.

My favorite poster there was not for sale though - yes, the Nice Ride poster from the new MPLS bike share program (only available with $75 year membership). I talked to dude (Jake) for a while, he said contact him at his office at the Midtown and he'd see what he could do - wink wink. But he wouldn't budge tonight. He seemed like a smart guy, interesting angle to open at a place where no one would ever buy his product, but all would totally support it.

I'm very curious what you guys got.

I totally rocked on see and be seen, I am the old master at move thought the crowd as if you don't care. This gorgeous 30-something bike helmet Nordic amazon w/boyfriend gave me a long look and I fell in love for a few seconds. Another older dark haired followed and bumped, I pretended not to notice. I'm already in love with another. Very fun.

2 comments:

Heath said...

I picked up the poster that had bicycle written in several languages. It'll be cool in my classroom. Jared but the rest. I'll post a photo later.

queasyfish said...

I checked out the bike share bike, it's heavy duty. With emphasis on heavy, not an ounce lighter than my RM I would guess.