Thursday, April 15, 2010

Wednesday night I had no time to meet my new ride. I didn't see much more than the photo I posted this morning - could have stayed up, but wanted to savor. Today I couldn't concentrate at work.

I've never had a lot of love for the great Trek bicycle making company, but I'm feeling it more tonight. This is a sexy bike, it's beautiful, the curves, and sweeps, are sensual. Every aspect of the frame is obviously highly engineered. It's light. I think the wheelset weighs the same as the rest of the bike.

The packaging is the most confidence-inspiring I've ever seen. Bubble-wrapped, foam-tube-zip-tied and blocked, and strapped to the side of the double wall cardboard. The boxing is almost as highly engineered as the bike itself. It's not just another bike in a box.

It's a thing of beauty, it makes you want to touch.

1 comments:

SeanH said...

At the risk of sounding like the typical advertising hyperbole we have read in the bike mags all of these years, it really rides AMAZINGLY WELL! Really smooth, handles beautifully (I can lean a little more in this turn...ok a little more...wow!...a little more...DAMN!)yet just explodes forward when you stomp on the pedals.

Rode my 85 Trek today. Kind of a letdown.