Monday, May 17, 2010

Bruno is funny

This has been sitting in my queue for months. Everything I'd read says the humor of Borat is gone and it's just tense and awkward. I laughed my ass off - there were so many funny scenes (self defense training), and so many funny quotes ("you've got your finger in my alley"). It's not subtle, but I haven't laughed like that since, well since the naked elevator wrestling in the first movie probably. Here twenty minutes later, I'm starting to think more deeply about the social commentary aspects too. Cohen is the modern Kaufman.

4 comments:

Jared said...

I really liked all of the adoption related parts. The talk show was great.

SeanH said...

Ahhh, little OJ

queasyfish said...

Granted, the joke is known by the viewer. But give up disbelief, and it's good.

queasyfish said...

Secret blogging tip: paused the movie and took a selected rectangle screen shot.