Friday, November 28, 2008

Erik Quackenbush Dot Blogspot Dot Com



I've been wanting to get Erik's art onto a website for years. He brought five recent paintings to Thanksgiving dinner to show and so finally, off we go. I called him tonight to make sure he saw my email with his new site location, he said: "ya, I saw it, it's blue with yellow dots or something, I'm eating dinner right now..." ok, I said, I'll talk to you later this weekend. - I guess I was more excited than he was at this point ;).

It won't be updated much until Christmas, but we are planning a mass photo-session for then.

The pictures don't do justice to seeing the, rather large-scale paintings in person. I've found which ones I like better and worse tend to change around the more I look at them.

6 comments:

queasyfish said...

I guarantee I know which is H and J's favorite. Self Portrait One of course. Want to know why?

Jared said...

Those are great self portraits. I like the more busy one best but think the paintings and Erik all together is the best of all.

Jared said...

I mean really look at the white light area on Erik's head in relation to the paintings. And of course the hauntingly similar eyes.

Jared said...

Seeing the three together is like seeing a single Picasso painting in thee separate parts.

Jared said...

In relation to your favorite comment Q. Once on Erik's site I like self portrait 2 the best of all. especially once in full size.

queasyfish said...

for god sakes - leave some comments on his blog too.