Saturday, November 22, 2008

Capricorn Handmade Steel Bicycles



That comment I left on Heath's blog about my neighbor with the cool custom bike and rack?... Looks like he made it himself, I stumbled across his blog tonight - It's definitely him. He lives on the next block - no wonder he didn't seem very impressed with my tall bike antics.

Coincidentally, I went to Discount Steel this morning and bought 40 feet of hollow, 16 and 18 gauge tubing (for $12!) - going to see about building my own racks.



Late nite update. I really need a drill press to do this right. Both gauges are too heavy, but the 18 will do for prototype. I've got the bender too, so the (90 degree) options are open really - send me pictures of your drawings. My new Harbor freight portable bandsaw ($60) blows-doors on my abrasive-wheel chop saw, hello Craigslist?

1 comments:

Heath said...

Wicked! I'm excited to see what you can make. I've been thinking of different ways to attach a PVC pipe to my racks so that I can haul skis to school.

It'd be interesting to see you neighbor's shop.