Sunday, May 27, 2012

Thira is Minneapolis Industrial Metal

One Saturday morning a couple of months ago I looked out the window to see a moving van in the driveway of our depressingly-trashy next door neighbors who had lived there nearly as long as we have.  On Sunday I spied the unfamiliar nice car of the Property Manager and popped-out to introduce myself as the actively-interested next-door home-owner.  He was cool and apologetic to my description of the previous tenants. He gave me a tour and his card telling me to be sure to contact him if there were any issues with the new people.

Two weeks later several twenty-something guys moved in - short hair and good manners on initial contact - Still worried though, it was several twenty-something guys after all...  But they're quiet and seemingly not around much - so far so good.  It looks like they're in construction as their large, enclosed and logo-emblazoned trailer advertises their services. But I've spied-on them and all I've ever seen being loaded or unloaded are nice, large road-cases.  Musical equipment traveling cases that is.  The trailer is gone most weekends but doesn't move during the week.

Tonight I ran into dude in the alley and we introduced ourselves, I asked him about the road cases and he told me about his band, Thira.  Wow, I like heavy metal music too.  Ya, they live next door.  And they're pretty fucking good.

8 comments:

queasyfish said...

And they're not fucking around, they're working hard and dead-serious.

queasyfish said...

And they just left, now understanding who is the heavy metal man in the neighborhood. And coming back again for more schooling later.

SeanH said...

Mystery solved! Can't wait to meet these guys.

queasyfish said...

You all saw that you can download their album for free at their website right?

queasyfish said...

Dude on the right is the craziest one (In a good way) he's intense.

queasyfish said...

And the best part is, they're super-stealth. You barely have an idea anyone's living next door.

queasyfish said...

I keep asking them when they're playing again locally, but metal is not the thing these days so it might be a bit, but don't worry I'll let you know.

queasyfish said...

god, stop typing