Friday, May 18, 2012

Have Mercian

 
The hand-built fixie died tonight.  I loved its feel on the road, but it was too small, and with the Methadone, I think I'll stay off of it.  The surly/openPro wheelset kind of rocks though, and the Hussefelt and the green Brooks, all seem like they could have a better life on a different frame.  That sweet yellow and white tube-set is light and I do believe British hand-built, but covered with surface-rust, I don't think I'm going to ride it anymore.

That Salsa quill is sweet too but surface-rusty at the joints,  I don't think I'll ride it anymore either


7 comments:

SeanH said...

A new piece of wall art.

Heath said...

RIP

queasyfish said...

ISIS drive - ya baby!

queasyfish said...

I found that frame/fork purposely thrown away (with a fixed-gear rear by it's owner because he realized that he was never going to actually build it up - it's a nice neighborhood; you see that lying by the big plastic bin and you know what it means) - seems UN-imagineable now doesn't it? Old-school south mini. Name your price the answer is yes - but don't give my any limited-lifespan bullshit - your lifespan is limited too! Hand-built 56.

queasyfish said...

Ya, it'a stenciled Mercian, with a hand painted head badge, that's the pun of the title. I realized that I didn't really explain that. I guess you could guess that from the picture, duh.

Randy said...

Hey John
I spy my old Vision gator skate board in this photo. Is it only half a board now? Lol.

queasyfish said...

No man it's the whole thing - no other that has Discharge and Rush stickers on it. I figure when you come and visit you'll take it home with you

...and thank me for keeping it for you.