Sunday, October 19, 2008

As I left my house I could feel the Westwind blowing but I tried not to dwell on it as I pushed up the Greenway, through Theodore Wirth and into Golden Valley. After the trailhead we took turns with the trees catching the sun, blue sky, blustry crisp air and the ever-shifting carpet of leaves. Horses, cows and shimmering lakes silently observed as we rolled by. Pedaling, conversation and laughter filled the twenty-some miles to the campsite. Fire and food saw the evening into night. A sunny, cool morning hurried us though coffee and packing and off to the breakfast cafe in town. Another glorious day invited us to stop and stay awhile, but hot showers, and small children speeded our return from our 24 hours of Fall, odyssey.

1 comments:

Jared said...

With the exception of that "Opeth" kid pic those are great John. Thanks for the post.