Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I have continued to be happy gathering LPs from the internet, one by one, in mint condition only.  It is super-bling in your hands when you open that package.  I recently discovered a set of albums from the same seller and noticed he was in Minneapolis.  Then noticed it was Roadrunner (LandSpeedRecords on eBay) near my house where I had gone a few times before.  Drove there directly and talked to the man about where he got them and could I buy the currently-auctioned items (ok, I'll bid on them then) and bought many pieces - in mint condition - spent hundreds, less than 10 each, some less than 5.   He had purchased an estate sale load and seemed to be concerned that he would be able to sell the mint condition 80s metal vinyl - 50 or so albums.  He was auctioning the best ones according to internet research he told me, but there were still plenty in the rack, near-perfect condition with all inserts.  I just won 6 for a hundred bucks, and I regret not winning several others.  When they're mint - you've got to strike while the iron is hot. They look and feel so good.

1 comments:

queasyfish said...

I remember working all summer at Boy Scout Camp and spending all of my earnings - like a hundred bucks - in one fell swoop at the Last Place On Earth on like 6 records. The only one I can remember for sure was Saxon's Power and the Glory.

That was before I was kicked-out for life for getting caught trying to shoplift Bitch's Be My Slave - such a crappy album to get banned for.