Thursday, April 28, 2011

Five Ten Karver


These shoes will be on my feet for the first MTB ride of the year, if it's after a week from now. Isn't that the ugliest frickin' shoe you've ever seen? They grow on you ...somewhat. But the key is that they're "designed for flat-pedal mountain biking" - and highly rated. -Which means of course they're not SPD-compatible and that's important for perfect feel. The Batman-flap should be good for deflecting branches and keeping mud out of the laces too. I've been making due with low-end Vans for years, these are going to be sweet. Read more about them here. Five Ten made their name on sticky rock climbing shoes.

2 comments:

SeanH said...

They are indeed funny looking, but what isn't in the bike world? But looking at the pics it occurred to me that the big swath of blue on the inside of the shoe is one of the things that makes them look a bit garish. When your foot is in the shoe that really won't be visible.

queasyfish said...

I suppose a follow-up comment is in order here. These are great shoes. You might think they are over-built and chunky. Well they don't feel like that on your foot. They're sweet, fit, feel, functionality (you tighten the few laces from the top more or less) and coverage. Not hot at all either, which I was worried about. I will absolutely buy my next pair of bike-tenners from Five-Ten.