Sunday, August 1, 2010

Bike Weekend - Sunday

As stable and floaty as my FSR is now, there was one more setting that needed evaluation. Saturday night Sean and I flipped the linkage over, slightly slackening the head tube and lowering the BB. You're not really going to know until you get it on dirt - I agree. Sunday I flipped the lock-outs and made my way though the hot and humid air up the Green-path, thought the old Cedar Lake jump spot (now ghost town), and on to the Theodore Wirth trails.

You were right Sean, it's better. It's more stable at speed, it corners better, and my center of gravity is lower over obstacles. Right on! Combined with the fork-fix, the brake fixes, the suspension tuning, the saddle-swap and the new 2.3 rubber - it's like a freaking new bike. I'm astonished how awesome it rides now (and kind of horrified that I didn't do these things years ago). Even in today's hot heat I was wanting to push it up hills, as it felt like it was actually helping me climb - I swear. I was charging though the trees, it was giving me chills. I was staying off the brakes and confidently linking turn to turn to turn to turn.

The balance between parts-upgrades and new bike, has totally swung back the other way now - thanks again man.

1 comments:

SeanH said...

Glad to help. It was fun. Except for those damn washers.