Thursday, September 3, 2009

It Might Get Loud

Can't wait to see this!


...I guess I'm not alone in my love for Jack White.

It's The Edge... And Jimmy Page for god's sake. ...And Jack White. Jack Who? -you say. Jack White. Probably my favorite song-writer of the last ten years. Plays totally retro and vintage tube equipment and cheap-er guitars. Awesome tones and aggressive playing. The White Stripes are like AC/DC crossed with how I imagine 50's Country to be. The riffs are hard, catchy and perfectly sorted, the lyrics are smart, simple and deeply meaningful. The Raconteurs and The Dead Weather are as good or better too. well, not better I wouldn't say...

All are huge influences on how I try to play guitar today, throw in Daniel Ash and Alex Lifeson and it'll be John-A-Palooza.

if you can hear a piano fall
you can hear me coming down the hall
if I can just hear your pretty voice
I don't think I need to see at all
don't think I need to see at all

6 comments:

SeanH said...

Oh MAN!!! That looks pretty damn cool!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl9iS2egnC0

queasyfish said...

Here's the official website (with a better quality trailer). Very cool.

Jared said...

Lagoon Theater 9/18/09
This looks great.

queasyfish said...

Part of the point though is that Jack's work with Meg as the White Stripes kicks ass, in a classic way.

His newer projects; the Raconteurs, and the newest; the Dead Weather also seriously kick ass, like way kick ass. like history will see him on par with U2 and Zep for sure. It's core like the rolling stones or AC/DC

queasyfish said...

I didn't go the the Lagoon show - regrettably now. I figured I'd find it on torrents - no such luck. strangely plenty of confirmed fakes but no real version. sadly fuck

queasyfish said...

the crazy thing is that the Edge and Page see it too