Sunday, May 3, 2009

Minneapolis May Day Parade 2009






I love the Minneapolis May Day parade, not only for the fantastic and beautiful creations, but for the sense of community I feel there. It is my community - literally, of course - but also figuratively. The hipster bike-punkers, the working poor, the hippy-artists , the cultural mix... and many people like me who simply choose to live in the city for the grit and diversity of the experience.

To me, May Day is the reminder and celebration of all of those things.

3 comments:

Heath said...

Well stated. My neighbor and I did a fast ride down the down the Greenway this evening. We commented on what a great place the Twin Cities is.

St. Paul side of the Mendota Bridge to lake Calhoun and back, 26 miles at 14.8 mph average. Felt very fast.

queasyfish said...

Is that the giant-anti-abortion yard sign neighbor?

Heath said...

Yep, I don't agree with all of your ideas either.