Thursday, May 7, 2009

So they have the Internet on computers now?..


I love my computer. I just got all of the parts for a brand new one, going to put it together tomorrow - a total (budget!) processing monster - quad-core CPU, fast FSB-MOBO, top rated graphix (for the money) and 4 gigs of memory! $300. Yes 300 bucks.

I want to upgrade my house-computers to something more powerful too, but not too expensive, it would be good if I could use some of the components I have now... hard drives, ROM drives, cards...

Ya know what the hang-up is? - the case. You don't need a case, you could well use a, a.. a... wooden board - WOW that's a great idea, a wooden board to attach all of the components too. Are there grounding risks to using a non-metalic case? I don't know - G?. Wouldn't it be cool to have your computer on the wall as a functional piece of art?

Maybe plastic. A thin piece of metal, or maybe a thick piece - for the garage computer... I don't know.

Ok, ok

Garage computer upgrade: Newegg Dot Com: How about an AMD 2.8 duo-core processor, motherboard with descent on-board audio and video, + 2 gigs of RAM? How about delivered to your door for $148. Use your existing hard drive, ROM, and PCI cards. Has modern-standard SATA and PCI-express connections too of course.



Friday night edit: There, I fixed it. That's what I get for staying up late and drinking on a school night, writing an excited post, having to go to bed before I'm done and panicing on morning review, doing some hack-y editing and deleting the pictures. It looked like it continued to show the mirror pic on your blog-rolls though, here, I'll put it back. :)

1 comments:

queasyfish said...

How about the pieces packing-taped to a cafeteria tray like a giant ugly laptop?