Sunday, January 25, 2009

Cold Sunday Ride


Really cold ride actually; the frozen-slick streets don't have a hint of give at this temperature and the going was slow and sketchy at first. Took a while to get my ice-legs back, but they did come back, and I started to really enjoy crawling over frozen banks and crunching though deeps that won't be rideable when it does warm up. A bit over-dressed with two wool jerseys and a jacket but no matter, I'm glad I went.

Stopped at the cafe and gazed satisfactorily out the window as I cuddled with my hot coffee and cheesy quiche. As I sipped, I noticed a big clump of dried dirt on my helmet and remembered where it came from; that last cold off-road day with Sean and Kozar at Murphy.

On the way home I basked in the noon-time sun and memories of cold commutes to warm destinations. Re-figured my clothing and gear for next time, hung the snow covered wheel on the hook, and went inside.



Tuesday Edit: This reads like I rode to Antarctica and back - Give me an award, I rode two miles in the cold, with a warm-up stop half way between. ;)

2 comments:

SeanH said...

How did you manage to invert your picture? Look at the logo on your helmet and bike.

queasyfish said...

I think it depends on whether the (flip phone) camera is open or closed (whether it's pointed at others or myself).