Sunday, June 9, 2024

Things that are different than my current 2006 ride...

* 29 vs 26 wheels
* Geometry has changed from the old days by a lot
* One-by transmission
* Tubeless fat tires
* Seatpost dropper
* Electronic shifting
* Through-axles on both ends
* Torque specs printed on the frame at the bolt
* 200mm disc brakes
* Adjustable linkage angles including the fork

did I mention geometry?

I rode S4 S5 at Erik's today at 6 feet zero inches tall shorter leg longer torso S5 is it no doubt

 

4 comments:

queasyfish said...

Just the overall feel of how you ride it has changed. Now it's flow before it was technical handling. Everything is groomed trails now, wasn't always that way kids. The 2006 was based on the 98. 2023 Next weekend. It will be a nice step up

queasyfish said...

Today was the maiden voyage on dirt

2024 has been very wet, desired trails closed every Saturday for a month

The new bike was an experience, but mostly we suffered from old it was hard

I want to go next weekend



queasyfish said...

The Erik's experience was bad. Don't get me started

queasyfish said...

Ok, here's the weirdest thing, my bike and Sean's bike are basically the same dimensions.

Geometry of almost everything is very similar. The wheelbase was the biggest difference mine longer. His seatpost is taller. I'm 6 he's 6,4