Friday, March 23, 2018

Michael Schenker Fest was awesome

One of my very favorite guitarists on tour with his original solo bassist and drummer and four of the six singers that span his nearly four decade career.  Yes,  four singers,  singing their signature songs and singing together on many others.  McAuley so smoothly and casually stepping into the stage light early to help Barden on the high part of Mad Axman - first appearance, well before his songs came up, then slipping off just as quietly.  Bonnet blowing me away with his vocal power at 71 years old.  White, the young gun in his 50s singing the "new" songs which I like very much.  It was like time traveling hearing That song, with the right voice,  and the right guitar,  the entire night.  They ended with five straight UFO classics.  Better than expected.

5 comments:

queasyfish said...

I went to Depot today to get a light wearing this t-shirt for the first time. The tattoo'd cashier glanced at them sitting and standing around a long table and said "Is that you?" Made my day to say no

queasyfish said...

Klaus Meine being his original singer of course

queasyfish said...

and um, a guy named phil moog...

queasyfish said...

Kevin McDonald thank you for the poster and the BMX loan very early Duluth days, you are the man, please come see Daikaiju next weekend with Sean and I, thanks, John

queasyfish said...

Kevin, full confession. We traded bikes for the weekend in the early-mid 80s, my ten speed for your BMX. I spent the weekend riding it off our cabin's dock into the lake. I didn't realize it would much sooner ruin the bike. Sorry. I was a dumb kid