Monday, July 4, 2016

That was fucking hard

That was for sure the physically hardest task I have performed on the DR.  I do not look forward to doing it again.   The front tire is reasonably hard but the rear is not.  I'm glad to know that I can change tubes or tires, if I have to, with what I carry.  Tires, tubes, balance beads, brake pads and knowledge of how to install all of that shit.  My arms and fingers are fatigued but I can't wait to ride this new school tire technology.  It's the most important upgrade you can make if you think about it.

5 comments:

queasyfish said...

Something I noticed before I forget. The calipers are on different sides of the bike. If you lay the wheel on the table with the disc up the tire chevrons point to the left. Both wheels point left.

queasyfish said...

Ten mile road test checks out. A different feel than the smooth and smoothed down Trailwings. Initial reports say cornering is going to be better. I think there is a bed / burn in period.

queasyfish said...

Realized later that I didn't use enough (dish soap) lubricant to allow the new rubber and old Aluminum to settle evenly all the way around. Broke bead lubed pumped high and smiled when it popped. Are you experienced? Have you ever been experienced?

queasyfish said...

Probably made it a lot harder to put the tire on too doh

queasyfish said...

Gotten to be pretty good at it now. It's definitely a reasonable but always inconvenient task.