Saturday, March 19, 2016

Air Box Bird Nest


Are you kidding me?  Steve and Heath came over last night to hang out and check out the bike.  We evaluated the various upgrades and took turns climbing aboard. Eventually the conversation came around to the engine and I mentioned that I had never inspected the air box.  I took the bolts off and we three stood open-mouthed looking at the bird's nest packing the enclosure.  I guess this explains the occasional killing at idle.  I had had too many beers to test at that point but Heath said the performance was much improved.  Hell ya!

1 comments:

queasyfish said...

Well, a mouse nest most likely probably, but it did have a lot of bird feathers in it. It didn't fix the idle but it did add power to acceleration. Turning it up a half a rotation fixed the idle. It just gets better and better.