Sunday, December 21, 2014

Surly Minneapolis

I went to Surly's new Minneapolis brewery last night and had a few really tasty beers including super-fresh Abrasive that hasn't even hit the stores yet.  The design is Scandinavian modern and the public areas are huge with seating for a couple hundred downstairs and a bunch more space upstairs.  I talked to a number of cool employees and other people.  They are pretty serious about the food apparently and are going to have a reservations-only restaurant upstairs in addition to the current table service in the near future.  I didn't get a chance to purchase a t-shirt or poster before I left though as the over-zealous security douche kicked me out, after popping-up and calling me back from the desolate patio edge bushes, when I asked him if I could finish peeing first.  Fucker. They must have cameras.  It was time to go anyway.

2 comments:

queasyfish said...

main floor seating is probably 500

queasyfish said...

Did a rough count last trip, I'd say 400.