Thursday, November 28, 2013

I guess I should say I love you now

I rode both days last weekend.  Dry rode in the garage last night.  Extended-leash dog-rode tonight.  I haven't adjusted a single setting.  Not touched the tires with a pump.  They're getting softer.  I ordered a low-pressure gauge.  So-super love it.  Every time I look its the promise of riding through bushes, crunchy tall grass swamp stuff, heads -down brush crashing near the creek.  Playgrounds of sand, wood chips and rubber chips all feel about the same as dirt. Nearly rode across the tiny-river ice but was scared of falling (and not getting up - I'm so fucking older than I ever planned for) and getting my feet wet.  I ordered fenders, thrashing it next time.  Comfortable cadence-fast on concrete and even somewhat sprinty (or at least eager).  This is a good bike.  Thanks guys.

4 comments:

Jared said...

I am very happy for you. I think my revelate john q sac was a one size only when I got it and is likely closer to the slightly smaller one. If buying today I would go with the large one. It is a super useful bag.

queasyfish said...

Thanks Jared - you've got to say it right though or no one will get it: John Cusack :) (you know, the Home Depot pouch with grommets and toe-straps as a bar bag). That Revelate Viscacha is the coolist fucking thing though - now I'm going to be the Grinch stealing Christmas! There is something about the fat bike that I can't put my finger on yet. Despite your years of talking about them and loaning them and talking about them some more my experience of riding and exploring was somehow unexpected and special. I see new lines now, I look into the woods as I drive by, I look at shorelines I look at scraggly fields. Nowhere that a regular mountain bike couldn't be ridden but nowhere that I'd want to ride a regular mountain bike either. I can't really explain it.

queasyfish said...

Across the creek from the parkway south of Cedar.

queasyfish said...

Sheldon on the hat.