Thursday, July 22, 2010


The classic Big Black single. He’s a Whore (by Cheap Trick) on Side A and The Model (by Kraftwerk) on Side B. This is the artwork from the simple, 45 sized, paper sleeve. The cover concept of copying the original albums is simple, low-budget and ingenious. I have always loved discovering who influenced the bands that I like, and tried to interpret what it was about that influence that turned them on, by hearing how they play the song, which parts they emphasize, and which parts they change. Even more so when the covered band’s genre’s are significantly different from the one covering them.

The Joe man is back.
When Joe comes back Joe's head will crack.
When Joe's head cracks, when that big head cracks,
It's "Welcome back, Joe. Welcome back, Joe".
You don't have to be alone Joe, you don't have to be alone Joe.
Hang with me Joe, hang with me Joe, hang with me Joe.
You don't have to be alone Joe, you don't have to be alone Joe.

Cue drum machine…

2 comments:

queasyfish said...

The pics are from the internet but I actually have this. In my basement. In a plastic bin. (Standing on it's edge of course).

queasyfish said...

The guy very top left's name is Steve Albini. Google him.