Saturday, December 12, 2009

It Might Get Loud: Movie Review

Finally watched It Might Get Loud last night. I really wanted to love this movie. It was three stories, of three histories, and you would imagine because of their huge contributions; destiny had brought them together to sit down and document this magical event for the great musical archive. But it wasn't like that. It felt like you could have swapped any or all of them and you would have come out with the same movie. Yes; you could see the chemistry increasing over the course of the film, but at the end the maker suggests the three's (only) connection is as songwriters and storytellers, and that's, disappointingly, essentially true... it seemed like when they were together I could always feel the movie crew just off camera, and that they could too. I think I was just expecting too much. I'll have to watch it again and see if it feels the same.

0 comments: