Friday, June 13, 2008

Good News!


Good news: I got fired today. Friday 13 June 2008. Laid off I guess. My IT group downsized 30 people from it's 200. I had worked for the company for 14 years, two completely different jobs, and two promotions within the current job. - and it's not like I'm a schmuck, I rock, and I know my shit. And I want as much new shit as you can throw at me - I love to learn. Fuck it. Change is good. This will lead to better things. I feel optimistic. I feel sad, embarrassed, angry... and free. but right now I feel drunk.

I've got a severance check and insurance though mid-November, and multi-grand investment cash-ins after that if I so choose, which I guess is fair for 14 years. I've got three children and a very savvy wife in school who's now giving me the evil eye. It's not like it's my fault. It was totally a case of "manager-who-didn't-like-me" and my lack of respect for talking about shit you don't understand. Whatever. I needed some time off anyway.

Edit Tuesday 17: I'm so tempted to change this but I want to leave it with all it's raw emotion, raw feelings - I still can't really read it though, so I think I need to leave it until I can. I probably will edit it at some point.

0 comments: