Thursday, March 24, 2011

New Wave

Twenty five years - (I wish it seemed) like yesterday. I love the picture. Those guys are wearing bell-bottoms so that's probably 1980 on the nose (released in '05). I hated bell bottoms, but from the knees up, that was my kind of rock in the early days. Leather, denim, t-shirts, patches, pins and hair. It would be fun to have that hair back now - not that I don't love this whitening-blond ring of course..

Listening now. I'm enjoying discovering new - old music from bands I've never heard of, bands I've heard of but never heard, and different versions from those I do know. It's a really vintage sound and a different vibe. Sure it's still a cranked amp in a room, but it was recorded with tape, in a low-end studio with '70's techniques and '70's inspiration. Here it is.

1 comments:

SeanH said...

Clock them smilers